We had been trying for a while but unfortunately the news each month wasn’t what we expected. We had decided to give up and start trying again next year, but something told us to give it one last try. I had an appointment with my doctor on September 12th for some blood work and one last pregnancy test. But on the 7th I woke up a little woozy. I didn’t think anything of it because it would have been WAY too early for morning sickness. But the next day I woke up queasy again. When I woke up nauseous on the third day I already knew what I was going to do. I consulted with Brad who told me not to take an early home pregnancy test because if it was wrong I’d be bummed out, and we should just wait until the appointment the coming Monday. So I asked Camille…just to get a second opinion. She was on Brad’s side and I knew they were both right. So what do I do? I went right home and took a test! It was instantly positive and I said out loud to myself “I KNEW IT!”
The next morning, Saturday, I woke up at about 6am. Brad was still asleep so I decided to take my very last pregnancy test. In my excitement I didn’t press the button properly and the test errored out on me! So I rushed to HEB at 6:30am and bought another box of tests. I also grabbed some donuts and chocolate milk in case Brad woke up and was wondering why I was at the store so early. When I got I home I took the test again and again it read “Pregnant”. I wrapped the test up and put it in a box. I put the box, the chocolate milk and a donut in a gift bag with a card and rushed upstairs to wake up Brad. As soon as he saw the bag he asked “You took the test, didn’t you?” I insisted he just open the gift. He pulled out the chocolate milk, then the donut and then the card…it read “Sending you love wrapped in sunshine…(then on the inside) all the way from mommy’s belly. Love Baby”. The test was just further proof!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.