Well the day has come. After 5 years together and only 6 months of living without roommates or house guests, Brad and I will now be empty nesters. It’s very bittersweet. My brother Woody and his daughter Erika have found a lovely apartment, actually the same complex they lived in before they moved to Illinois. The 2nd floor unit they have is totally remodeled with new carpet, laminate flooring, new cabinets, sinks, and brand-spanking new appliances (I’m so jealous). My sister Beth will be living with them just until she gets a place of her own, but the unit across the hall is available. She really did a lot to get Woody and Erika’s stuff moved and I know Woody couldn’t have done it without her.
Erika is sad that she won’t be going to Nichols for 5th grade, but her new school is a block away. She should be back in the area and with her old friends for middle school. Woody’s plan right now is to save up over the next year for a down payment and then look in the neighborhoods around ours for a home to buy. I’m sure moving stuff down stairs will be a lot easier than moving it up them. So what are we going to do with an empty house? Well, we plan to keep one of the rooms as a guest room. Brad and I have accumulated a small collection of Seahawks and Longhorns memorabilia, so we plan to make that the theme of the guest room. The other room we’ll use for our exercise equipment for now.
It sure will be quite and I know the first day I come home to an empty house I’ll just cry! But they'll still be there for dinner tonight! Yippy! I’m so happy for them and excited for what the future holds.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.